Friday, September 03, 2004

internet explorer general css problems

I have spent the past several hours trying to understand why images on a page I'm building show no padding between the image and it's border in Internet Explorer.
[Windows XP Pro SP2 IE 6.0.2900.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2138]

I was most frustrated because I have had this problem before and figured it out before. I had 2 identical pages with identical styles working differently in Internet Explorer. My primary browser, Firefox, of course displayed everything correctly.

The source of all the frustration?

The DOCTYPE declaration before the opening HTML tag!


Here is the broken version and the working version

If you are experiencing wierd problems with your styles in IE, it may be worth checking to see that the first line of you document matches what is in my working version above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home